Benefits of Reforestation
Not just sequestering CO2
The sale of carbon credits from the plantings allows us to finance the reforestation activities.
As well as sequestering carbon, our forests also help to:
Build healthy rural landscapes
- protect cleared landscapes from wind and water erosion
- protect livestock from wind and extreme weather
- reduce ground water levels
- provide habitat for birds and insects to return
- provide undisturbed land for additional native plant species to recolonize.
Build healthy agricultural communities
- provide a new alternative crop to farmers
- provide a diversified income to farmers irrespective of season
- return forests in an integrated system into the landscape, rather than replacing farms altogether
- provide significant income to other rural-based businesses in the regions where the plantings are carried out.